Saturday, September 5, 2009

Lecture 1: Introduction to the Course

Welcome all ENGL 111 students! I hope your new academic year is off to a great start and I wish you all the best for the coming term.


Today we will go over a few introductory issues. I'll tell you a bit about:
  • the course itself
  • the assignment
  • plagiarism and how to avoid it
  • the syllabus
  • the course text books: 
Handbook for Writers by Lynn Troyka, published by Simon and Schuster, 5th Canadian edition


Reader’s Choice edited by Flachmann et al, published by Pearson/Prentice Hall, 6th Canadian edition

Note there has been a change to my office location and telephone number. 

The correct details are: 
Centre for the Arts 207, 780-497-4418 


My office hour for this class will be on Tuesdays from 10:50-11:50 (right after this class). If you'd like to make an appointment to meet at another time, feel free to e-mail me: laccettij @ macewan.ca




***FOR NEXT CLASS*** 
Read “My Canada” by Anita Rau Badami, 137-142 in Reader’s Choice.
Read Chapter 1 (especially 4-13) in Handbook for Writers.



Blog Post 1: “What Canada Means to Me.”
Due before start of next class.



Read more about the assignment here.  





2 comments:

  1. I cannot access the syllabus???

    ReplyDelete
  2. The syllabus itself is not online. E-mail me your question and I can help you.

    ReplyDelete